The Secondary Academy Network was formed in 2010, and was shortly followed with a sister network The Primary Academy Network. These phase-specific information networks form the main communication channels of the The Academy Alliance, an umbrella organisation supporting all types and phases of academies on their journey to academy status.
Whilst both networks share a similar ethos, format and approach to the issues, the information contained within them, and the experience base of the contributors are phase specific. This is proving to be a better way to address the issues faced by different types, sizes and phases of schools. Converting a large secondary is different to a small primary, and carries different risks, benefits and disadvantages. By differentiating the approach the Academy Alliance is better placed to provide contextualised support.
Thus the Secondary Network was formed to help busy head teachers and governors of secondary schools obtain independent and balanced support that enables a view to be taken as to whether, and in what circumstances, academy status would be right for them. The network provides:
- Full password protected access to the Secondary Academy website (this site).
- Access to the acclaimed Evaluative Framework for Secondary Schools (developed by the network to make it easier for heads and governors to go beyond simple finance issues and assess the deeper detail of the pros and cons of conversion. Version exist for different phased schools.)
- Face-to-face briefings and information to leadership teams
- Face-to-face workshops for the school leadership team and governors at a convenient time, including evenings
- Links for leadership teams to other schools in the same quandary, and to those who have taken the plunge, including the active on line forum
- Personalised support in scoping and investigating options for particular schools
If you would like to join our thriving network then please click on Join the Network in the right hand menu.